Think Global. Start Local.
Information and resources for companies looking to grow through exports.
TAK Enterprises Group, LLC is an Atlanta based international consulting firm specializing in a diverse range of consulting and professional services devoted exclusively to promoting socio-economic development in Africa via private sector activities, such as, conferences, workshops, trade shows and trade missions. The Atlanta Socio-Economic Development Exchange (ASEDE®) is our annual business and trade forum held in Metro Atlanta, GA. The Forum is focused on presenting Sub-Saharan African countries investment and trade opportunities in the US in general and Georgia in particular. It consists of growth and development presentations by US Government Agencies and private organizations focused on encouraging foreign and domestic investment by facilitating trade. The Forum will have high level representatives from private and public sector institutions. The priority sectors include Agri-business, Solar Energy, Waste and Water Management, Infrastructure, Security and Communication, and Housing.
February 26 – March 3, 2018
Emory Conference Center Hotel
1615 Clifton Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Small Business Development Center’s ExportGA Signature Series Program
Since 1999, UGA’s Small Business Development Center’s ExportGA program has helped over 150 companies sell in excess of $40 million all over the world. This program has been nationally recognized for its quality and effectiveness by the North American Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE) and the US Small Business Administration.
ExportGA 2018 is an intensive four-session, 16-hour export training program which allows export-ready companies to develop their skills. By utilizing these skills throughout the program, new international sales opportunities are identified.
Companies accepted into the program will become skilled at finding profitable export markets, developing distribution channels, understanding foreign and US regulatory issues, pricing and costing company products, submitting international quotations, processing accounts receivable, and recognizing legal and cultural considerations. Each participating company will have access to its own international business student from the University of Georgia to help it with research.
ExportGA 2018 class schedule:
Friday, 09 February 2018, 8:30a – 12:30p
- Researching and identifying your best potential markets
- Utilizing powerful intelligence and analytical tools
- Lessons learned from an experienced exporter
Friday, 02 March 2018, 8:30a – 12:30p
- International market entry strategies
- Finding your international partners and qualifying them
- Understanding free trade agreements
- International payment terms and risk mitigation
Friday, 23 March 2018, 8:30a – 12:30p
- Logistics: Understanding Incoterms and their impact
- International costing and pricing
- Preparing international quotations
- Tools for quoting
- Risk mitigation in the supply chain
Friday, 20 April, 8:30a – 12:30p
- Website design for a global marketplace
- Legal considerations for exporting
- Export compliance
- Financing international transactions
University of Georgia at Gwinnett
2530 Sever Road
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30043
Participation fee: $650 per company and includes:
- Multiple employees from your company
- Your own international business intern
- Support team of trade professionals
For more information, please call 470 578 2530 or email the international trade team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Georgia Department of Economic Development at Money20/20 Asia. Located in Singapore, Money20/20 Asia is one of the world’s largest exhibitions focused on payments and financial services at the intersection of mobile, retail, marketing services, data, and technology. Money20/20 Asia will bring together cutting-edge content and speakers from a broad range of communities essential to the sector.
Qualified Georgia companies receive:
- Shared turnkey booth with Georgia delegation
- Conference delegate pass (worth $2475) giving you access to the show and conference sessions
- Company listing in official show directory and inclusion in all GDEcD show-related communications
- Tech, commerce, and Internet finance companies
- Retailers (online and offline)
- FinTech and TechFin startups
- Governments and Central Banks
- Payments companies and suppliers operating across the full value chain
Money20/20 Asia will deliver on three key promises
- Exceptional content: A stellar line up of speakers—local, regional and global—will explore Asia Pacific’s most pressing topics including financial inclusion, cross-border innovation, and the digital payments revolution.
- Senior audience from across the ecosystem: A senior audience of key stakeholders from established multinational organizations to the earliest stage startups as well as retailers, investors, analysts, media, regulators, and more.
- An unparalleled inclusive experience: An exceptional, modern, and fun experience, untethered from legacy, catalyzing growth across the Asia Pacific ecosystem.
Tuesday – Thursday, 13 – 15 March 2018
Participation fee: $1,800 USD
Deadline: Friday, 05 January 2018
For more information, please email Shehzin Tietjen, senior international trade manager, at email@example.com
2018 Go Global Reception
Join the Georgia Department of Economic Development at the 2018 Go Global Reception. This year marks the 5th annual GLOBE Award presentation, recognizing companies for entry into a new international market in 2017. You will get to connect with Georgia’s international representatives from 11 strategic global markets who will travel to Georgia for internal training, business meetings with Georgia exporters and to gain insight on local communities throughout the state. The visit will culminate with the Go Global Reception at the Atlanta History Center.
Go Global Reception and GLOBE Awards
March 20, 2018 from 5:30PM-8:00PM
Participation fee: $45 early registration, $60 at the door
Located at the Atlanta History Center
Atlanta History Center
130 West Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
For registration, please click here
TRADE MISSION TO CHILE, COLOMBIA &/OR PERU
Join the Georgia delegation for a multi-country trade mission and receive a customized B2B appointment schedule for Chile, Colombia and/or Peru; the mission will end in Santiago, Chile and provide interested participants the opportunity to walk the international mining show, Expomin. Please find below an event itinerary.
LOCATION: Chile, Colombia and /or Peru; choose one, two or all three countries.
COST: $1300 for three countries, $900 for two countries and $500 for one country; participants are responsible for all travel and business-related expenses.
* The fee for Georgia companies located in the Appalachia (ARC) region is heavily discounted; contact Alice Carson, firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re located in an ARC county and interested. ARC counties are Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Carroll, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Dade, Dawson, Douglas, Elbert, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Heard, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, White and Whitfield.
DEADLINE: February 01, 2018
TARGET INDUSTRIES: Multi-industry
APRIL 16- 18 COLOMBIA
16 – Arrive Bogota, Colombia & country/ mission briefing
17 – One-on-one customized business meetings
18 – One-on-one customized business meetings & travel to Lima, Peru
APRIL 19-21 PERU
19 – Country/ mission briefing & one-on-one customized business meetings
20 – One-on-one customized business meetings
21 -Travel to Santiago, Chile
APRIL 22 CHILE
22 – Country briefing & cultural activity
23-27 One-on-one customized business meetings & walk Expomin trade show (itinerary dates for Chile flexible depending on individual needs)
ALL PARTICIPATING COMPANIES MUST:
- Complete the registration form as this information is necessary to facilitate the appointment setting process;
- Provide the results attained through participation in this event. Results include current and future international sales and distributors/agents signed. All information provided is confidential.
Chile, Colombia and /or Peru
Deadline: Thursday, 01 February, 2018
For more information, please email Alice Carson, senior international trade manager, at email@example.com
Registration link: Click here
Payment link: Click here